Did you know that you probably have one of the most useful and cheapest cleaning agents in your home right now? When it comes to cleaning in San Diego, there are few things more resourceful than baking soda. Baking soda is non-toxic, multi-purpose, and best of all – it is very cheap.
Use it in the kitchen
• Using baking soda in your cupboards, freezer, or refrigerator will keep away unpleasant odors.
• If you are looking to clean any surface, grab a damp cloth, sprinkle some baking soda on it, and rinse with clean water.
• Do you have actual silver silverware? Make a paste of one part water and three parts baking soda. Rub the paste onto your silver and rinse with warm water. To finish, dab dry with a soft cloth.
• Do you have grease spills or scuff marks? Sprinkle them with baking soda and wipe with a damp, warm cloth. This works on no-wax floors too!
Use it in the bathroom
• If you have combs or hairbrushes, you can easily clean them in a baking soda solution.
• There are few things worse than a clogged drain. If you want to avoid this from happening during your cleaning routine, just pour about a quarter of a cup of baking soda down the drain each week and rinse with hot water. This helps you avoid clogged drains.
Use it around the house
• If you have a cat, putting baking soda in the litter box will help prevent odors.
• Does your carpet have unwanted scents to it? Sprinkle some baking soda on it. Let it sit for about fifteen minutes (minimum) and vacuum up the baking soda. Repeat as necessary until the odor is gone.
• Did someone spill something? Blot it as much as possible, clean as you normally would and sprinkle with baking soda afterwards. Vacuum up the baking soda. This reduces the chance of unpleasant odors and that the spilled item will stay in the carpet.
• If you want to increase the effectiveness of chlorine bleach in your laundry, add about half of a cup to your laundry along with the usual amount of bleach that you would use.
So many uses
These are not even half of the uses of baking soda for cleaning in San Diego. Because it does not spoil, you can buy it in bulk and it is even cheaper to buy. Once you find out how many ways that baking soda can help you when cleaning, you will never want to be without it again.